ERRANT PILGRIM Update Now Live09.12.2019.
We’ve just updated The Long Dark to v1.64  — ERRANT PILGRIM.
For a detailed breakdown of the new features and changes, please review this update video. Full Release Notes are available below.
CHANGELIST v1.64 
- Added new Region: Bleak Inlet
- Added new Challenge: As the Dead Sleep
- Added new Feats: Blizzard Walker, Expert Trapper, and Straight to the Heart
- Added new gameplay system: Ammunition Workbench
- Added new gameplay system: Gunsmithing
- Added new gameplay system: Milling Machine
- Added new raw material: Lead
- Added new raw material: Stump Remover
- Added new raw material: Dusting Sulfur
- Added new craftable item: Gunpowder
- Added new craftable item: Bullet(s)
- Added new craftable item: Ammunition
- Added new Custom Mode setting to disable Birch Bark Tea crafting
GENERAL ART FIXES
- [Enviro] Fixed numerous areas the player could become stuck in.
- [Enviro] Fixed numerous locations where the player could get outside of the intended play area.
- [Enviro] Fixed numerous clipping and floating objects.
- [Enviro] Increased the visible distance of lights during an Aurora Event.
- [Enviro] Fixed area in the Ravine that players could escape the map
- [Enviro] Fixed missing roof in Prepper Bunker
- [VFX] Adjusted interior light shafts that were too bright during mid-day
- [VFX] Fixed flames clipping through Barrels and Pot Belly Stoves
USER INTERFACE FIXES
- [UI] Fixed an issue that caused the Revolver to display the incorrect weight when viewed in the Backpack.
- [UI] Fixed an issue that caused some Cooking HUD messages to appear too quickly.
- [UI] Blueprint Requirements now appear correctly during the first instance of viewing the Crafting Menu.
- [UI] Radial Menu can no longer appear overtop of other menus, such as the Backpack.
- [UI] Fixed the Revolver and the Distress Pistol Condition displaying as the value from the previously viewed item.
- [WINTERMUTE] Male survivor vocalization no longer plays when Astrid is attacked by Timberwolves.
- [WINTERMUTE] Timberwolves now react properly to Marine Flares.
- [WINTERMUTE] The Crummy in Broken Railroad now falls over correctly after the Old Bear pushes on it.
- [WINTERMUTE] Adjusted the rate that the Old Bear turns while in the cave.
- [Hopeless Rescue] The Distress Pistol can no longer spawn outside of the Timberwolf Mountain Crash Site.
- [Survival] Black screen no longer appears after being trampled by a Moose.
- [Survival] Fixed an issue that prevented the player from interacting with the Buffer Memory in Signal Hill.
ALL GAME MODES
- General performance improvements across the game.
- [Animation] Improved animation for when a Wolf transitions to the hold ground AI state.
- [Audio] Aurora effects are no longer disabled when aiming.
- [Gameplay] Updated item placement range to better match interaction distance.
- [Gameplay] Updated wildlife pathfinding so they don’t bump into each other as often.
- [Gameplay] Updated Wildlife pathfinding to better handle passing through gates.
- [Gameplay] Fixed the missing highlight when moving Sticks in Placement Mode.
- [Gameplay] Adjusted depth Wildlife carcasses can sink into the snow.
- [Gameplay] Campfires no longer collide with Wildlife during placement mode
- [Gameplay] Fixed issue that caused Wolves to not eat some prey.
### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###